Most people know to set their alarms, brush their teeth, and make time for family. But what about some basic life skills? Lessons School Won’t Teach You is an upcoming movie that tells the story of two best friends who are getting ready to enter high school.
The filmmakers wanted to explore the relationship between these two teenage girls and how their pasts shape them into adults. This article will break down each of the lessons from this film and how they can be applied in everyday life.
What is your relationship with yourself?
Self-love is key to happiness. Most people think that they need others in their lives to be happy, but that’s not always the case. You can be happy and by yourself. In fact, you may be happier when you’re independent and have your own interests and hobbies.
Here are four tips for becoming your own best friend:
1. Set realistic goals for yourself. Don’t try to do too much at once or you’ll feel overwhelmed. Take things one step at a time, and then gradually increase the intensity of your efforts.
2. Find something you enjoy doing on your own. Do some research and find something that you’re genuinely interested in. This will help make spending time alone with yourself rewarding.
3. Let go of negative thoughts about yourself. Replace them with positive affirmations that build self-confidence. For example, say to yourself “I am capable of handling this” or “I am good enough.”
4. Spend time with people who make you happy, not people who make you feel guilty or uncomfortable. It’s important to surround yourself with positive influences in order to cultivate a healthy self-image.
Should you be your own best friend?
There are countless benefits to being your own best friend, but there are also risks. If you’re not careful, you can wind up taking on too much of the burden and stress of your friend’s life. Here are three psychology truths about being your own best friend that school won’t teach you:
1. You’re more likely to be a caretaker than a helper. When you’re the only one around to take care of someone, they tend to lean on you more. This can be great if you’re good at taking care of people, but it can also be burdensome if you don’t have the time or energy for it.
2. You’re more likely to change your friends for them. When you’re the only one around, you may feel like you need to take care of your friend 24/7. This can make it hard to let them go when they start acting out or getting into trouble.
3. You may not be able to handle all of the stress. If you’re always taking care of your friends, you may not be able to handle them when they don’t take care of themselves. This can lead to resentment and tension between the two of
Three common types of friendships and how they can affect you
If you’re anything like me, you’re probably surrounded by friends. And while we all enjoy spending time with them, sometimes it’s nice to know what makes each of our friendships unique. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing three types of friendships and how they can affect your life.
The first type of friendship is the popular one. You see them everywhere- people who are seemingly always together, whether it’s at school or work. And while this type of friendship can be fun and helpful, it can also be unhealthy if you don’t have other friends to balance out the relationship. Because popularity often means being depended on and having your needs met, this type of friendship can be draining.
The second type of friendship is the one that develops over time. This type of friend is patient and understanding; they’ll listen without judging and will never push you to do anything you don’t want to do.
This type of friend is rare but incredibly valuable.
The last type of friendship is one that’s based on shared interests. These friends know about each other’s lives outside of just talking, which makes for a deeper connection. They’ll support each other through thick and
Why do people not like themselves as much as they should?
Self-esteem is a tricky thing. On one hand, we all want to feel good about ourselves, and on the other hand, it can be really hard to do. Here are some reasons why people might not have high self-esteem.
1. They may have been hurt or disappointed in the past.
2. They may have had low self-esteem for other reasons, like being teased or having no friends at school.
3. They may not have seen themselves as important or capable until recently.
4. They might be trying to protect themselves from pain or from feeling uncomfortable emotions.
5. They might be dealing with a mental illness or a disability that makes self-esteem difficult to build.
What can you do to avoid this trap?
If you’re anything like most people, you’d probably describe yourself as a ‘people person.’ But what many people don’t realize is that being a people person can actually be a huge trap.
Here’s why: when we’re around other people, we tend to put them first. We give them our time and attention, and in the process, we often end up sacrificing ourselves.